I have lost some weight but now stalled, what is happening?
Many times, there is a large amount of weight loss in the first week, then a plateau or levelling of weight loss. This does not mean that your weight loss has stopped. Typically, centimetres are being lost continuously while on the program. After a period, patients will experience a large drop on the scale. Weight loss is thus achieved in this fair-step fashion
Normal Slowdowns and Plateaus:
• In the last 10 days, it’s normal for weight loss to take a 2 or 3 day pause. Don’t let that stop your plan.
• In the second half of the program you can develop a 4-6 day plateau. It always corrects itself and you should not get unnecessarily worried or begin to fret as it does not mean that you no longer respond normally to treatment.
3 different approaches can reverse it:
1. Do a steak or,
2. Apple day (as per your booklet)
3. Another alternative is to take a prescriptive diuretic to get the process moving.
Only try these options after 4 days of stationery weight.
• The 10-14 day Plateau is much rarer and is seen in people who have been very overweight for a long time. It is even rarer to see during the first course of HCG treatment. It may take two weeks of no loss, in spite of HCG and diet, before further reduction is normally resumed.
Dietary Errors are the inevitable causes of slowdowns:
• Drink more water; add a glass of green tea.
• Cut out Beef – too much fat, but don’t skip proteins
• Skipping meals? Remember no eating is cheating.
• Are you eating lunch meats with fat?
• Check condiments for sugar
• Check for additives to chicken or beef
• If you are mixing vegetables, stop for a day or two
• Any new medications?
• Any new exercise regimen?
• Maybe drop one of the fruits
• Try a little bit of exercise
• Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar diluted in water
Also check whether you might not be constipated?
If having constipation problems try a laxative tea. This is usually very effective or a fibre supplement.
It is not uncommon on this diet to have a bowel movement once every 3-4 days, if provided you are consuming plenty of fluids. It is possible to hold 2 or more kilograms of stool in the colon. Remember you can use Movicol, Flax Seed, Aloe Tablets or Agiolax (As these are non-habit forming)
For women, your cycle may cause a weight gain of 1 – 2.5kg. Beware of the date of your last menstrual
Remember you will still keep losing centimetres!!!! Stay strong, focussed and remember why you started this journey.
Leave a Comment