HCG WEIGHT LOSS MAINTENANCE
- Learn the difference between healthy and unhealthy foods. Foods allowed on the OUR HCG Diet, are Healthy foods.
- Portion sizes. Never eat a portion that is larger than what you can fit in your hand.
- Don’t eat more than 500 calories at a single meal.
- Always read ingredients.
- Avoid sugars.
- Avoid unhealthy fats. (Avocados are good fats. Sour cream is not good fats.)
- Learn to substitute. (Greek yogurt tastes exactly like sour cream. Way more protein and less bad fat.)
- Exercise for at least 20 mins every single day.
- Stay away from processed foods.
- Eat at home as often as possible.
- Eat before you are hungry.
- Most important, learn to listen to your body. If you are tired, sleep. If you are hungry, eat. If you are repeatedly hungry, adjust your diet and mealtimes until you are not.
- Learn balance. If you eat something you feel wasn’t a good idea, do something to counteract that feeling.
MINDFUL MAINTENANCE LESSONS OF THE HCG DIET
- Understand Zig and Zag is true healthy living. You don’t have to live and eat healthy 100% of the time. In fact, true healthy living, can include the occasional meal that would be considered “unhealthy.” Ideally, you want to learn to see all food as “good” foods, as fuel, but eat those that are more nourishing than others at least 80% of the time.
- Focus on what you GIVE your body, rather than restricting. Are you getting enough protein? Are you getting enough greens? Are you meeting your daily vitamin allowances? Healthy living means giving your body what it needs, rather than constantly focusing on NOT giving your body certain foods. The truth is, if you are constantly giving your body x amount of protein a day, and x amount of greens, and x amount of healthy fats, vitamins and supplements… chances are, you’re going to be full and satisfied and completely disinterested in foods you would have craved in your pre-HCG diet days.
- Stop the guilt and shame. There is never a need to guilt yourself over something you ate, or your current bodyweight.
EXERCISE FOR HCG WEIGHT LOSS MAINTENANCE
- Choose workouts that you enjoy. If you don’t like to run, don’t take up jogging. If you don’t like to workout, try something new until you do. Take up boxing, hot yoga, paddle boarding. Really hate working out? Choose something that has you focused on building a skill, rather than focused on the workout. If you’re focused on mastering that double-jab with your boxing coach, you won’t realize you’ve just worked out so hard, you burned 1200 calories in the last hour.
- Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day, no matter what.
- Exercise early. Set the tone for your day with an early workout. You’ve started your day doing something good for yourself. You’re starting your day with a good dose of happy-making endorphins. You’ve raised your heart rate and metabolism for the entire day.