I have always loved Thai and a variety of other Asian foods. This is one of my favorites. It is refreshing, very filling and loaded with flavor. The blend of sweet, hot, sour and salty satisfies even the most discriminating taste buds. Using the raw shrimp with the shell cut away along the back adds a wonderfully rich and full flavor compared to using pre-cooked shrimp. Other benefits are that it takes no more time to use the raw shrimp and it costs less too! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I do.
Total Time: 40 min Prep 10 min Cook 30 min Yield: 4 vegetable, 4 protein servings Ingredients
• 2lt chicken broth
• 1/8 teaspoon Chopped lemon Grass pieces
• 3 cloves garlic chopped, crushed or minced
• Dash of ground Red Pepper or 1 dried red chili broken up (to taste) • 1/4 teaspoons clear liquid stevia • 2 large whole tomatoes sliced into 6-8 pieces each
• 1 450 grams raw large shrimp shell cut with tails on
• 2 limes, juiced or 1 large lemon
• ! teaspoonful onion powder
• 2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped or 1 teaspoonful dried parsley or cilantro
• 1/8 teaspoon Sea salt or to taste
Directions 1. Bring the stock to the boil over medium heat in a saucepan 2. Add the lemongrass, sea salt, onion powder and red pepper (chilies). 3. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes to let the spices infuse the broth. 4. Uncover and add the liquid stevia, tomatoes, shrimp, garlic, dried cilantro or parsley and cook for about 8 minutes until the shrimp turns pink. 5. Remove from the heat and add the lime (or lemon) juice, and cilantro. 6. Taste for salt and spices; you should have an equal balance of spicy, salty, and sour.